Whenever you get sick, the first thing that comes to your mind is the medicine. The main reason for our weak immunity, bones, and muscles is our diet. We prefer taking synthetic vitamins and medicines or overeating naturally grown foods. Natural fruits and vegetables are not only rich in taste but also in nutrients that can help you stay healthy.
If used in the right way, you can make a drink using natural products to stay healthy and fight against any disease. So, in this article, we will discuss how various drinks can help you with your sickness and how can you use them.
The safest and most effective drink that is easily available to everyone is water. In general, drinking water is essential to keep you hydrated but when you are sick, it is more important to drink lots of water.
The following are the benefits of water:
● Water improves the functioning of mucus membrane and helps it entrap dust and dirt thus preventing their entry into the lungs
● It derives toxins away from your body
● It is easy to digest for your body so helpful in nausea.
Water is effective against colds and flu, Nausea, and prevents kidney stones
Now if you want to add a little flavor to your water without making it unhealthy, you can add lemon to it. Lemon contains citric acid and pectin, a fiber that helps in improving the health of your gut 
Lemon water helps you in the following ways:
● It improves the health of your immune system
● It is effective in improving the digestion in your gut
● The Vitamin C present in lemon can help your body fight free radicals, decrease inflammation, and increase the number of white blood cells in your body
It is effective for congestion, reducing kidney stones, diarrhea, and throat pain.
Squeeze some lemon in warm water and mix well. Now You can drink it.
Do you like honey? Because we have the good news that honey is not only delicious but can also help you fight your sickness. Honey mixed in water can not only strengthens your immune system but is also good for heart problems.
Honey water helps you in the following ways:
● It can help in reducing blood pressure and regulating your heartbeat
● It minimizes the oxidative stress caused by free radicals
● The antioxidants present in honey can help prevent arterial narrowing
It is effective against cardiovascular diseases, excess cholesterol, cough , and colds.
Add 1-2 tablespoons of honey in water and drink it in the morning on an empty stomach.
No medicines or any other home remedy are as effective as drinking fresh juices. Fruits and vegetables can help your body by fighting against infections, and UV rays, and improving your immunity.
To know how each fruit and vegetable helps your body, click 10 Food for Skin Glowing, Flawless, and Beautiful You.
● Orange Juice is rich in antioxidants fights against free radicals and improves the production of collagen that helps the skin repair and heal.
● Watermelon Juice can help you if you are prone to any cardiovascular disease or is diabetic by slowing the process of cellular damage.
● Carrot juice containing vitamins A, C, E, K, and dietary fibers helps in skin healing, boosting your immune system, and fulfills the deficiency of vitamin A.
To know more about the benefits of carrots, click the 10 Benefits of Carrots.
Coconut water is the liquid you find inside the coconut. It contains electrolytes such as potassium, magnesium, and sodium to help your sickness.
The following are the benefits of Coconut Water:
● The electrolytes help in regulating the fluid balance of the body
● It helps in restoring the normal functioning of the body and muscles.
Coconut Water is effective against kidney stones, dehydration, diarrhea, and lowering your blood pressure.
You must have seen your elders drink herbal tea most of the time. Herbal tea like ginger tea, Hibiscus and Rose Hip tea, and Echinacea tea works in different ways to help your body in sickness. Let’s see how they are helpful.
● Ginger tea can help with gastrointestinal problems  and soothe the discomfort caused by stomachache or diarrhea.
● The Hibiscus and Rose Hip tea full of Vitamin C can help in repairing your skin cells, and fight any infections occurring in your body.
● If you have a sore throat, cold, cough, flu, or fever, then Echinacea tea is the best for you. Flavanoids, cichoric acid, and rose marine acid help in reducing oxidative stress.
● For Ginger Tea, add some ginger in one cup of water and boil it, Then simmer the boiling water for 5 minutes and strain the ginger. You can serve the tea now.
● You can find Hibiscus or rose hip tea in the form of tea bags. Otherwise, take the dried hibiscus petals and pour boiling water over them. Let them set for 5 minutes.
● Echinacea tea is also available in the form of tea bags. Otherwise, you can make it by simmering the roots for almost 10 minutes.
Kombucha is made by the fermentation of yeast, black tea, and sugar. It is sweet and sour in taste and slightly acidic in nature.
● It acts as a probiotic  that can improve the functioning of your gut.
● Kombucha removes all the toxins from your body and provides your body with enough energy to function properly.
● The antioxidant effect of Kombucha helps your body repair cell damage.
It is effective against high blood pressure, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, and abnormal digestion.
Turmeric is a rich source of Vitamin C, and Vitamin B6 while milk contains calcium, phosphorous, vitamin B12, protein, and electrolytes such as potassium, magnesium, and zinc.
● A high proportion of antioxidants helps our body slow down the process of cell damage and fight free radicals that cause oxidative stress.
● It aids the body in fighting infections by empowering the immune system.
● Turmeric milk purifies your body and gets rid of toxins present in your body.
Turmeric milk is helpful for menstrual cramps, lowering the levels of cholesterol , and also fights against arthritis.
Boil a cup of milk and add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder to it. Drinking the milk while it is warm is more helpful.
We usually like hot cocoa for its taste but it also helps us when we get sick. Cocoa contains essential minerals like calcium, iron, manganese, phosphorous, magnesium, potassium, copper, and zinc.
Cocoa benefits your body in the following ways:
● Cocoa can stimulate the release of happy chemicals from your brain thus making you feel good.
● Due to its antioxidant nature, it also protects your neurons.
● The minerals in cocoa help your body to perform normal functions and improve the working of your immune system.
Cocoa is effective for fighting a persistent cough, preventing flu, preventing heart diseases, and reduction of inflammation.
It is best to use cocoa powder, pure cocoa, or dark chocolate with 70% cocoa and combine it with plant-based milk and hot water. Drinking cocoa in the morning can be helpful against viral flu. 
Apple Cider Vinegar contains Vitamin B, Vitamin C, and acetic acid. It does not have any fats, or carbohydrates so those who are diet conscious can easily use it.
● It has the ability to fight against bacteria, fungi, and micro-organisms thus helping in preventing infections.
● It aids in the management of diabetes by lowering your sugar level
● By controlling the level of HDL, LDL, triglycerides, and cholesterol, it can help in improving the health of your heart.
You can use it by mixing 5 parts of water with 1 part of apple cider vinegar. For soothing your throat, you can also add lemon or honey to the drink.
In the article, we have discussed different drinks like turmeric milk, honey water, herbal tea, hot cocoa, and various others to help you strengthen your immune system and fight against infections. So, instead of taking medicines, you can add these drinks to your diet and prevent yourself from getting sick.
 National Library of Medicine: Fiber and Prebiotics: Mechanisms and Health Benefits
 Cochrane: Honey for acute cough in children
 NIH: Ginger
 WebMD: Probiotics
 National Library of Medicine: The effect of curcumin on lipid level in patients with acute coronary syndrome
 National Library of Medicine: Anti-influenza virus effects of cocoa