Many of us aspire to have a slim face. An unhealthy lifestyle, genetics, and age-related changes can all contribute to facial fat, which can make us unhappy with our appearance and self-esteem. Thankfully, there are steps that you can take to reduce facial fat and reduce the appearance of chubby cheeks. Exercising your face is one way you can do this, as targeted movements can target areas such as your cheeks and chin. Facial exercises don’t only help you get rid of excess fat but make your face shape look more defined and toned.
In this article, we will break down 5 exercises and basics of life habits to change to lose face fat and make your face look slim!
Understanding Face Fat
Face fat, like fat in any other part of the body, primarily results from an excess of consumed and stored calories. On average, the human body removes about 800 to 1,000 calories a day from our energy reserves, mainly from fats and carbohydrates. If a person chronically overeats, then the body has additional energy reserves which will be stored as fat in different parts of the body, face included.
Fat accumulates in areas where it can be easily stored like cheeks and jawline due to facial structure. Poor dieting habits are part of the cause too; processed food filled with white flour, unhealthy fats, or sugary foods increases adipose tissue around the face leading to bloating and puffiness.
Finally, strict habits like yo-yo dieting and frequent crash diets also contribute to the overall accumulation of facial fat which is often hard to keep at bay. The good news is that exercises featuring cardiovascular workouts can help you burn away these excess calories while still shaping your facial muscles.
With proper nutrition and a sensible exercise regimen, you can finally get rid of that troublesome face fat in just weeks! Ready? Here we go!
Importance of Regular Exercise
It is now well established that regular physical activity not only helps maintain a healthy weight but also has myriad health benefits. Exercise can help reduce the risk of several chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes, and some cancers.
At the same time, when it comes to face fat reduction, regular exercise helps burn calories throughout the body and sculpt facial muscles to give you a sharper-looking facial structure. Furthermore, exercise increases your stamina and strength leading to increased self-confidence and a positive attitude.
Hitting regular gym workouts also boosts your metabolic rate, enabling you to burn more calories even at rest, unlike sedentary individuals who typically have a slower metabolism due to their lack of physical activity.
Finally, exercising improves blood circulation ensuring essential nutrients are delivered throughout the body thus helping repair cellular damage caused by fatty acids present in unhealthy foods which frequently contribute to growing face fat deposits.
In sum, regular exercise not only helps you lose excess pounds from all over your body but will also help tone down your chubby cheeks making them look slim and sharp with improved jawline!
Dietary Habits and Face Fat
Proper dieting is just as important as physical exercise when it comes to getting a sculpted facial structure. It is well established that five balanced meals a day should constitute your diet for healthy living.
Eating too much fatty food increases triglycerides in our body that further get deposited onto the face resulting in cheekbone chubbiness and generally flaccid countenance. On the other hand, eating too little also causes bloating due to reduced metabolic rate which further moistens your cheeks and makes them look fuller as compared to people with higher metabolism.
So, what’s the solution? Here are a few tips to help manage your dietary habits while maintaining a slim appearance:
Reduce the consumption of fats, especially saturated ones like butter, cheese, red meat, etc.
Include proteins and whole grains in each meal along with fruits and vegetables which will provide necessary energy throughout the day while keeping calories at bay.
Replace unhealthy snacks such as chips or chocolate bars with healthy things like dry fruits or nuts which satiate cravings providing essential minerals and vitamins for good health along with improved looks!
5 Exercises to Lose Face Fat
Now that you know how important it is to incorporate both good diet habits and physical exercise in order to reduce face fat, let’s talk about some of the best exercises that can help accomplish our goals.
1. Jaws Exercise – tilt your head back while facing the ceiling and yawn, keeping your mouth open for 10-15 seconds before coming back to the neutral position. Then look left and prolong yawn again repeating 5 times on each side of the head. This exercise helps strengthen and stretch facial muscles around the jaw area thereby reducing fat deposits from the jawline.
2. Cheek Exercise – Fill your mouth with air forming an “O” shape with your lips before pushing the air towards your cheeks using your tongue. Hold for 5 seconds afterward before releasing the air slowly out of the mouth the same way as it came in. Repeat this process 15-20 times ensuring you feel pressure on your cheeks during movement which indicates successful execution of the exercise!
3. Neck & Chin Rolls – Sitting or standing up straight, roll your neck sideways by tilting it towards the shoulder until the chin touches the shoulder and rotate the other shoulder around in a circular motion 12-15 times clockwise followed by the same number of rotations in a counterclockwise direction. This is one of the most powerful facial workouts targeting fatty tissues under the chin, and neck area thereby making it more toned than ever before!
4. Chin Lift – sitting or standing upright with feet slightly apart, tilt the head back towards the ceiling keeping eyes closed twice a day for 20 seconds each time stretching all facial muscles as much as possible without straining too much while doing so! This exercise helps tighten stretched skin under the chin making them look firm and young!
5. Forehead Smoothing – Rub your palms against each for 10-15 seconds and place them on the sides of your forehead keeping fingers interlocked. Now press both hands lightly covering all four corners of the forehead by pressing inward towards the eyes with a massaging motion. This exercise helps reduce excess fat from the forehead making it look smarter than ever before!
Benefits of Face Exercises
Face exercises are not only used for reducing face fat but offer a host of other benefits to us as well.
Exercising facial muscles helps improve facial appearance removing wrinkles, fine lines, and crow’s feet present around the eyes and forehead giving you a more youthful look!
Facial exercises also help tone down the double chin which is hard to get rid of otherwise due to chubby cheeks caused by fatty tissues stored in this area of the face!
These exercises help keep the skin refreshed by boosting blood circulation thereby increasing the oxygen supply needed for cell renewal. Finally, regular exercise leads to improved airway passage helping people suffering from snoring or sleep apnea problems which can be further prevented by doing neck & chin rolls in order to reduce neck fat leading to an overall healthy lifestyle!
How Often Should You Perform These Exercises?
While there is no clear answer to this question, it is often suggested to perform face exercises 3-4 times a week in order to maintain the youthfulness of the face without overworking the muscles. Performing these exercises every other day should prove enough intensity and frequency needed for the best results!
Other Ways to Enhance Face Slimming
Apart from doing face exercises, there are several other steps that can be taken to enhance our face slimming efforts such as trying out facial masks, using different treatments like Derma Roller, Mesotherapy, etc., or even opting for cosmetic surgery technologies.
In summary, face fat can be effectively reduced by adhering to healthy dieting habits, maintaining a regular exercise regimen, and incorporating activities like cardio into your lifestyle.
Finally, certain treatments such as facial masks, derma rollers, or cosmetic surgeries may also be considered depending upon an individual’s preferences and needs but it is always important to get a second opinion from a professional whenever making any kind of healthcare decision.
All things taken into consideration, you are well on your way to finally achieving that slim and sharp-looking facial structure you always wanted!