Both men and women have natural facial hair and men usually have more hair as compared to females. The beard hair increases the confidence of men but in contrast, excessive growth of hair on a woman’s face decreases their confidence. No woman would want a beard on their face, right?
They feel gross not only to ourselves but also to those who look at us and give us awkward looks. So, to get rid of this hair for a long, you can try face laser hair removal. It is gaining popularity worldwide due to its long-lasting effects and convenience. Let’s get to the details in the next sections.
What is Face Laser Hair Removal?
Face laser hair removal is a method of removing all the unwanted hair on your face with the help of laser technology. Experts use different lasers to target the melanin pigment that gives color to your hair and skin. By absorption through melanin, the laser reaches your hair follicles, converts them into heat, and destroys these follicles.
Different lasers are used for your facial hair removal and this mainly depends upon your skin tone. For example, the ruby laser is good for skin tones up to III but it is used occasionally. Alexandrite laser is quite fast but it does not work well for skin tone V or VI. Diode laser and Nd: YAG laser are the most commonly used ones. They are both efficient against darker skin tones but the diode is relatively slower and Nd: YAG is painful.
Moreover, these lasers can only show you positive results if your provider is qualified enough to handle them. Otherwise, you are more prone to burns, pain, swelling, and other laser hair removal side effects without getting the desired results.
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe for the Face?
The face is the most noticed part of the body and is the most sensitive one as well. So, before going for any procedure, it is best to know whether it is safe for you or not. As for laser hair removal, it is usually safe for every person as long as you are using the right laser for your skin type and the practitioner is skilled enough to do the procedure right.
Although it is a good-to-go process for most people, it can cause pain, burns, swelling, blisters, or crusts in some people. As they are mostly associated with the wrong practice, and the user’s carelessness it’s best to hire an experienced person. Moreover, proper aftercare like moisturizing your skin, and avoiding the sun or harsh chemicals can minimize these risks.
So, everyone can go for it except those with skin cancer, HSV-2, keloid scars, pregnancy, or those who are on medications for acne.
Benefits and Side Effects of Laser Hair Removal on Face
Following are the benefits you can get from facial laser hair removal:
- Facial laser hair removal is a long-term solution to get rid of unwanted hair for years
- The procedure is cost-effective in the long term as it can save you from spending money every other month on shaving or waxing kits
- Facial laser hair removal also gets rid of ingrown hair which means you are free from all the pain caused by ingrown hairs
- Laser hair removal completely gets rid of your hair follicles so it is beneficial for reducing your hair growth. So, you only require minimum to no touch-ups after completing your facial hair removal sessions.
With all the benefits, facial laser hair removal also comes with some side effects
- Facial laser hair removal is a painful procedure especially if you are doing it on your face so you can feel discomfort during hair removal
- It can cause swelling on your face along with redness and itching
- Wrong practice or using the wrong laser on the wrong skin type can cause blisters, scars, and burns on your skin
- Some people might also have to deal with pigmentary changes like hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation
Ways to Minimize the Side Effects
Following are some ways to minimize the risk of side effects of laser hair removal on the face:
- By avoiding caffeine or alcohol, you can save yourself from irritation as they both make your skin sensitive
- Do not go out in the sun, as sun tanning increases the risk of burns from the laser
- After the laser treatment, it is best not to use chemical products which are usually present in makeup, or other skin care products as they can cause allergic reaction
- To reduce inflammation, you can use natural anti-inflammatory products or apply cool compresses.
Laser Hair Removal Face Before and After
Following is the laser hair removal result of a woman after she completed all your facial laser hair removal sessions.
These results can vary from person to person as everyone has different skin types and hair types. For example, those with thick hair require more sessions. Moreover, those with sensitive skin might have to face more side effects. So, before making any expectations, it is important to consult your dermatologist about everything in detail.
Laser Hair Removal Face Cost
Now, coming to the cost of face laser hair removal, it can vary. Why? Because, the cost depends upon the number of sessions, the size of the treatment area, the laser used, the clinic you are going to, and the facilities they are providing.
As you face is a smaller area so it will cost less but then again if you are going to some first-rated place, they will charge you more but these places provide you with more facilities at the same time.
On average, the cost can range between $200 to $400 per session depending upon the place, and your skin and hair type, and Wondering how many treatments for laser hair removal on the face are required? It requires a minimum of two to six sessions which means the total cost can go between $400-$1200.
8 Best Laser Hair Removal Devices for Face
Although you can go to clinics, there is also the facility of at-home laser hair removal for the face as at-home devices are now available worldwide.
But, you cannot just believe any device as the wrong one can easily cause burns and permanent scars on your face, No one would like that.
So, we have shortlisted some best laser hair removal for face devices for you that are safe and effective as well.
The Tria Hair Removal laser device is an FDA-approved device with laser technology 4 times stronger than that of IPL.
- Has a battery indicator to keep a check on the battery of the device
- Has 5 energy levels to adjust the device according to your skin sensitivity
- Incorporated with a pulse counter that counts pulses for each area to ensure accuracy
- You just need to use the device once every week which saves your time
- It is FDA-cleared which means you are safe to use it
- Has the same laser as used by professionals to give you effective results at less cost
Silk’n Infinity hair removal devices use e-home pulse light technology to get rid of unwanted hair using the galvanic current. It also allows skin rejuvenation along with moisture absorption.
- Has an app for convenient use
- With countless flashes, it works for a lifetime
- The pulsing and gliding mode allows quick and precise treatment
- You can customize your experience with 5 different treatment levels
The Bosidin Pro Permanent hair removal device uses a third-generation pulsing technology to fight your coarse hair and eradicate them. Following are its features and benefits
- Comes with 5 different attachments according to each area
- Has DCD cooling technology to ensure your comfort
- The ergonomic design and one-button operation make it easy to use
- Its integrated technology is precise enough to destroy hair follicles without damaging skin
5MinSkin is an FDA-approved laser hair removal device that can give you permanent results within 12 weeks. The device can work for a long as it does not require any refills or replacements.
- The device is oval-shaped and slim to fit your hand perfectly
- Comes with an Integrated gliding mode to make your session quick
- It is suitable for all skin areas, and skin tones, and even for red and blonde hair
- It is quick as one session only requires 5-10 minutes of your time once a week
The Hair Removal Laser Precision device is designed specifically for your smaller areas like the face, underarms, and bikini. It possesses the following qualities.
- The device is small and light-weight to be your perfect travel partner
- The indicator lights show you your treatment level and remaining battery
- Works well for women with PCOS
- It can work against every hair color and up to dark brown skin tone
The DEESS hair removal device can provide you with results in just 6 weeks. It has 5 energy levels and 2 different modes to treat not only your face but also other body parts.
- Sapphire ice cooling technology makes your experience comfortable
- The flat head is concave to improve precision and aid in cleaning
- The device can work well for a lifetime as it has infinite flashes
- The flashes are consistent to treat the whole face evenly
The Silk Pro laser hair removal device uses a diode laser for permanent hair removal. Being suitable for both women and men, the device gives everyone precise, and effective results.
- Has an ergonomic design for user convenience
- Has potent laser technology to give you permanent hair removal
- Starts showing you results just after 2 uses
- Diode laser works equally well for men and women
The Laser Hair Removal device has 999,900 flashes for the device to work for a lifetime. With its ergonomic design and low cost, it is easy to use and affordable for everyone.
- Has 5 intensity levels to work even for those with sensitive skin
- The manual mode is for small areas while the auto mode is for larger areas
- The inexpensive device provides you with salon-like results
- It is painless
IPL: Best Alternative to Face Laser Hair Removal
An alternative to laser hair removal is IPL hair removal which is more feasible, quick, convenient, and safer than laser. IPL hair removal works by using impulse pulsating light to target your hair pigment and damage hair follicles.
It uses a broad spectrum of light which makes it less painful and quicker than laser. On the other hand, a laser uses a precise light beam which can be more painful and time taking. So, want to know about an IPL hair removal device? You can use the Ulike Sapphire Air 3 IPL handset.
- It has patented ice-cooling technology to make your session painless
- Only requires 7 minutes per session
- Starts showing results within 3 weeks
- The sleek and ergonomic design is easy to use and take on trips
- It is FDA-approved and certified by 30+ safety organizations
- It has 3 intensity levels and an auto-glide mode for quick and safe hair removal
Laser hair removal and IPL are two of the most long-lasting hair removal procedures. With the availability of at-home devices, they are now more feasible and affordable for everyone while providing the same results as that of clinics. They are less expensive if we compare the cost of lifetime waxing or shaving with them.
Now you also want to try Laser or IPL hair removal? Before that, keep in mind that the effectivity can vary from person to person. So, before buying any device or going for at-clinic sessions, it is best to do some research, find an experienced practitioner, and get details of everything to ensure the safety and efficacy of the procedure.