Have I ever regretted having a laser hair removal treatment?” It’s no secret that the answer is no. I know from my personal experience that no one likes to go through something that they don’t like, Scaring or hurting them, without knowing the pros and cons.
However, Many people, especially women, have an unforgettable experience with their laser hair removal treatment, but what if they regret it later?
That’s why I wrote this blog post to look at some of the most common reasons to regret laser hair removal treatment and share my personal experience to help others feel less worried about going through this phase.
Why do I need a laser hair removal treatment?
I was excited to write this blog for so long to share my experience of laser hair removal treatment. I have thick black hair almost all over my body, and it always bothered and embarrassed me.
Can you guess how old I was to get laser hair removal? I was 23 when I first went to a dermatologist to stop my excessive hair growth.
Before visiting my dermatologist, I had heard that laser hair removal is expensive and painful and the results of this aren’t worth it. However, the dermatologist clarifies the reasons for the excessive hair growth.
Some common reasons he shared with me for numerous hair growth are;
- It is probably worth mentioning if you have excessive facial or body hair, you might have hirsutism or even PCOS, which is a condition where your hormones are unbalanced.
- Some other symptoms of a lot of hair growth are irregular periods and cysts on your ovaries.
- And if you do have them or any kind of other condition, laser treatment could be futile because the unbalanced hormones are just going to keep making hair grow back.
- You’d end up wasting money to keep getting Laser just to have it grow back because I’m guessing the problem is inside and not the hair follicles.
- If you do feel like you have excessive hair growth, make sure you get tests done because sometimes removing the hair can make it grow back even worse. However, there are pills you can take during the laser treatment to help the hormones stay balanced.
However, for me, it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Life is changing, especially for someone who is super hairy like me.
How many significant types of Laser, and Does laser hair removal hurt in every session?
Before this treatment, I had heard that laser hair removal hurts, it is expensive and painful, and the results weren’t worth it. As mentioned above, I was excited to try laser hair removal on my own, but it took some convincing from friends and close family members who told me what a bother it wouldn’t be.
They didn’t want me to go through so much pain, spend so much money, and deal with the redness and itching, but they also didn’t know how embarrassing it was for me to deal with excessive hair growth.
However, there are many different types of laser hair removal treatments, i.e.,
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)
- Ruby Laser Hair Removal.
- Alexandrite Laser Hair Removal.
- Nd and LP Nd: YAG.
- Diode Laser Hair Removal.
I think everyone has different skin and thickness of hair and growth. My dermatologist recommended the IPL (like a laser to remove hair) because it is less painful than others. IPL is not a laser. It is an Intense Pulsed Light (more like a bulb), giving a broad light instead of focused light with more intensity as a laser does.
The other lasers mentioned above have not satisfied me. However, according to the advice of my dermatologist, I have been doing IPL, which so far has reduced hair growth.
Is IPL good for every skin?
For some people, IPL hurts more than any other laser treatment, and they consider it is not doing good for them. Many people also have its side effects, like my friend.
She was mourning after completing her IPL sessions because she did the IPL hair removal last year, had 9 sessions, and her hair wasn’t too dark.
It worked while she was doing the treatment, but after she stopped it, the hair grew back, and now, 7 months after her last treatment, the hair is almost as dense as before. So, it was a failure for her.
Because IPL didn’t work for you doesn’t mean it won’t work for others. I have seen excellent results. Also, it won’t work after 1 treatment, so you wouldn’t have seen results that quickly anyway. And your skin tone & hair color will affect it because it works best on lighter skin and darker hair.
However, there are many different devices that you can use for the best treatment of your hair growth at home. I.e.,
Both of these products are best in use and show results of reduction of hair growth in 1 to 4 weeks. Moreover, If you want a recommendation and the best treatment at home, visit your trustworthy online store, Ulike, and select an affordable hair removal machine to reduce hair growth within a couple of weeks; as per my experience, within 4 weeks, the hair growth reduced a lot.
Is laser hair removal safe for every adult?
Laser hair removal is the Laser cosmetic method of removing unwanted body hairs that are caused mainly by hormone-related hair growth. Laser hair removal is best and effective for every adult and an alternative to expensive surgical techniques such as electrolysis, where formal ways may not be suitable due to the risks involved.
However, does your mind also wander around these questions?
- How long is the overall process of your sessions?
- Is it a year-long process or a couple of months?
- Are the sessions spread over months or weeks?
If yes, you do not need to roam your mind around them. Mostly, the session lasts 1 to 3 months, but if you have excessive hair growth, then it Might take the time of 4 to 6 months.
In the beginning, How do you prepare for laser hair removal?
Before you start laser hair removal, you should prepare your skin. This involves cleaning the area with an antibacterial soap, which will prevent bacteria from growing in the pores of your skin. When I started my session, I stopped using bleach and avoided any kind of threading, waxing, or plucking just 6 weeks before my first usage.
However, Before you begin, ensure your skin is free of cuts or rashes. If you have sensitive skin, then firstly, you should get a professional treatment done on the area before using the Laser because the Laser can damage your internal skin as well.
Here are the step-by-step instructions for preparing for laser hair removal at the start.
- The first step is to take a shower or bath with warm water. It will help to end any dirt and grime on your skin.
- After this, apply an oil-free moisturizer to the area where you will be treated. It will help prevent dryness and irritation afterward.
- Connect the power cord to the adapter, and insert the plug into a power outlet.
- Short press the On-Off button on the side of the host to turn on the device.
- Goggle up to protect your eyes.
- Place the light outlet on the skin to be treated and apply it vertically.
- After hair removal is complete, press and hold the On-Off button for 1 to 2 seconds to turn off the device
Are there satisfactory results of Laser hair removal before and after?
Laser hair removal is safe, and mostly, it shows positive results after its use, but it’s not without risk. It’s essential to understand the potential side effects and risks of laser hair removal before you decide to have this procedure done.
Some side effects that I faced after laser hair removal:
The laser treatment shows different results for everyone.
- One of the significant side effects that people should be aware of is increased sweating/changes in the sweat glands after laser hair removal treatments.
- Other most common side effects include temporary redness, swelling, blackening, and pain at the site of the treatment.
- Other possible side effects include skin irritation, dryness, and itching. These symptoms can happen anytime after treatment or not at all.
- Laser hair removal is also known to cause permanent red skin spots known as post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH).
- Many people get afraid after these spots and don’t know why they are. However, This skin darkening may last several months after your treatment but usually fades over time.
If you’re pregnant or have a history of melanoma or other cancers of the skin, it’s best to avoid having laser hair removal done on your body until you consult with your doctor. You must follow your doctor’s instructions carefully so that you don’t miss any treatment sessions. These are the most effective ways to determine if a laser is suitable for you.
Laser hair removal before and after pictures
Does laser hair removal last forever?
My understanding from my personal experience and all the research I have done so far is that a Laser is suitable for legs, underarms, arms, belly, etc.
If you have dark skin, the type of Laser used is different. So, please go to a dermatologist who is experienced in treating skin of color. In any area where hair growth is started by hormones (upper lip, chin, neck, etc), Electrolysis is the way to go. It is a very old, tried and tested treatment available from the late 1800’s.
Electrolysis removes hair permanently, but you have to be sure to go to an experienced professional. I am currently undergoing this treatment because IPL has some side effects on my skin, too. But here I see good progress in the last one and half months (1 hr weekly session). The treated hair either doesn’t come back or is very fine if it does. My electrologist zaps it off again, and it dies.
How much is hair removal?
Cost varies (not covered by insurance and depends on the area of hair you are removing & how many sessions are recommended to you).
Which skin laser hair removal is best?
The hair removal laser is best for those who Work best on certain skin & hair types, i.e., darker, thicker hair & lighter skin.
Does the type of Laser vary with skin type?
Different types of lasers are used for different skin types, and the Laser type matters more than anything else in this session.
Does IPL or any other laser removal treatment remove hairs permanently?
There’s no such thing as ‘permanent’ hair removal. IPL can last a long time, but you still need to keep it up. Maintenance could be a monthly treatment or even 1-2 years.
Can we do our laser hair removal treatment at home?
Yes, there are at-home IPL hair removal devices, such as Ulike Air 3 you will get visible results in just 2 weeks.
To sum up
In the end, I can say that Laser hair removal is a powerful way to get unwanted hair removed for a time. Even though I would not recommend it to everyone, I can say that the procedure has helped me achieve the smooth and clear skin I desired without all the hassle of plucking, threading, waxing, and tweezing.
Ultimately, remember that everyone is unique, and the experiences will depend on multiple things, such as skin type, hair type, and treatment settings.
However, if done properly, laser hair removal can make a big difference in one’s life, so don’t be afraid to try it. Suppose you want an affordable and pain-free laser treatment at home. In that case, you can peacefully visit Ulike and buy their latest laser hair removal items that make you an experienced dermatologist yourself at home. I also use these products to make my body as bright and hair-free as I desire.