Every woman during puberty begins to grow facial hair. The facial hair grows on areas including sideburns, chin, upper lips, and in between the eyebrows. Some have thin facial hair in the form of peach fuzz which is barely visible while others’ have hair that is noticeable even from a distance.
Facial hair leads to decreased confidence and self-esteem in women for society’s standards see women as hairless creatures with flawless beauty and facial hair is a flaw. So, women often go for laser hair removal to get rid of this objectionable hair.
However, there are some other methods of facial hair removal that do not require as much expense, effort, and time as the laser does. Let us discuss how to remove facial hair permanently without laser here.
Best Alternative Way to Remove Hair Without Laser
If having permanent hair removal at a reasonable cost is your main concern, the best alternative to the laser is IPL hair removal.
IPL Hair Removal
IPL hair removal just like laser uses a light-based technology to get absorbed into the dark hair and then burn the hair follicles with the effect of photothermolysis. However, IPL proves to be better than laser for several reasons given below.
- Permanent results: The results of an IPL hair removal device can last for 6 months and even a longer time in some cases.
- Hair removal at home: Unlike laser hair removal, you need no expert or laser salon to have your treatment done. IPL hair removal can be done easily at home giving salon-like if not better results.
- Fast treatments and results: Hair removal treatment with a standard IPL device only takes 5 to 10 minutes to treat the full face. The results are visible in 4 to 8 weeks.
- Cost-effective investment: IPL devices might cost a few hundred dollars but you only pay once for the device that lasts for 20 or more years.
- Relatively painless: Laser uses a highly intense beam of light that is too painful to be taken without anesthesia. However, IPL hair removal devices have mechanisms to significantly reduce the intensity of this pain and other side effects of laser hair removal like burns.
- Safe and dermatologist recommended: IPL is a safe method of permanent hair removal at home. It is also recommended by dermatologists because of the skin-friendly treatment it offers.
Best IPL Device:
IPL hair removal is an excellent choice for permanent hair removal at home. To add to the benefits of IPL hair removal, you can get a device with amazing features. One of our recommended devices is the Ulike Air3 IPL hair removal device. Its features are given below.
- Treatment time and results: Ulike Air3 is the fastest device when it comes to treating the full facial hair in only 1 to 2 minutes. It also shows results within 3 weeks with permanent hair removal within 10 weeks at max.
- Painless hair removal: Ulike Air3 IPL device has an integrated sapphire ice-cooling technology to reduce the temperature of IPL rays. It also keeps the device cool. Consequently, hair removal becomes painless.
- Treatment modes: There are two treatment modes of Ulike Air3, a pulsing mode, and a thumb-free auto-gliding mode. This makes the treatment precise, effective, and fast.
- Power modes: Ulike features 3 power modes of Ulike. 1st to treat the sensitive areas like the face and bikini; 2nd to be used on legs and arms; and 3rd for stubborn hair on armpits and chest.
- FDA-cleared: Ulike Air3 IPL device is an FDA-cleared device. In addition, it has the approval of dermatologists, influencers, and even fashion magazines.
- Lifespan: Ulike Air3 has 1 million flashes. These last for a longer time than you can consider making Ulike a lifetime investment.
Other Ways to Remove Hair Without Laser
Following are the other ways that can be used to remove unwanted facial hair regularly.
Shaving is the use of a sharp razor with a tilted end to work on the facial contours.
- Painless method of facial hair removal
- Can be used for derma planning as well
- Quick treatment time with only 2 to 5 minutes for full face
- Cheap as several razors can be bought for just a few dollars
- Quick hair regrowth takes only 3 days for the hair to become visible
- Can cause skin redness, razor burns, cuts, and infections
- Makes hair appear thick with blunt ends
Waxing is the use of a sticky mixture that adheres to the hair and removes it from the roots as the material is pulled off.
- Results last for 3 to 6 weeks
- exfoliates the skin as well
- Relatively inexpensive
- Suitable for all skin and hair types other than sensitive skin
- Reduced hair regrowth over a long time
- Painful and uncomfortable
- Can cause ingrown hair and folliculitis
- Not safe for sensitive skin
- Hair needs to grow upto a quarter of an inch for the wax to stick
Tweezing is the use of a tweezer to pull individual strands of hair out of the roots.
- Precise hair removal
- Perfect for grooming eyebrows
- Works locally and removes a few strands of chin hair easily
- Can pull out any length of hair
- Results lasting for a month
- The hair sometimes breaks in half instead of being pulled out
- Risk of infection
- Time taking
An epilator is an electric device with blades and coils that grabs unwanted hair and removes them from the roots.
- Simple and quick
- Lasts for 4 weeks or more
- Extremely painful
- Skin irritation and redness
- Ingrown hair
Electrolysis is truly the permanent method of hair removal. It is a salon procedure that uses electric current to treat individual hair follicles.
- Results last for a whole life
- Compatible with sensitive skin
- Works for any hair color
- Can cause skin discoloration
Threading is the removal of unwanted hair with the help of a long twisted thread manually. It is one of the commonest methods of facial hair removal.
- Faster than tweezing
- Can remove the shortest strands of hair
- Practically no cost
- Can be done anywhere
- Quick treatment
- Can cause minor cuts
- May irritate sensitive skin
Although laser hair removal is popular among women for facial hair removal, hair removal is also possible without a laser as well. The best alternative to the laser is IPL hair removal. In addition, shaving, waxing, tweezing, epilating, electrolysis, and threading can suffice as laser-less methods of facial hair removal.
However, it is essential to list your requirements and carefully do your research about all the methods of hair removal mentioned above. You can choose any of these methods to treat your hair at home. But always consult a dermatologist before going for any professional procedure like laser and electrolysis.