Are you tired of the hair removal methods that need to be repeated every week or month and IPL hair removal has been grabbing your attention for being a method that does not have to be repeated that often?
Although IPL has been the talk of the town for quite a while now, it is difficult to find a suitable IPL hair removal handset out of the hundreds available in the market, right? So, checking the details of the features and reviews of the top 6 devices can help you finally make a decision.
What to Look for in IPL Hair Removal Device Reviews
Let us see what is it that you must look for in IPL hair removal reviews before buying any device.
Technology and Features
First thing you should check is what the company states about the technology of IPL devices. The technology includes types of light used, energy output, and treatment modes.
Additional features including safety mechanisms, pain-reduction technology, lifespan, intensity levels, and the design of the IPL device are all worth consideration. You can find out how the device feels in your hands and how feasible it is to be used through IPL hair removal reviews.
Treatment Process and Effectiveness
Features are one thing that the brand claims, how effective is the device is another as it depends upon the experience of real people. So, make sure you see the comments on the treatment process of the device and its effectiveness. A device could take 4 to 12 weeks to show results.
Within this time, some devices show 90% while others show upto 99% of hair regrowth reduction. The results vary for different people.
Ease of Use and Maintainance
IPL hair removal devices have different shapes like wand-like, remote-like, gun-like, or more. Also, the weight, size, dimensions, auto-gliding, thumb-press mode, corded/cordless design, treatment window size, and speed of the devices also differ. These features determine how easily the device is to be used and maintained.
Effectiveness on Different Skin Tones and Hair Types
As IPL hair removal works on the technique of getting absorbed into hair pigment, it is essential to check out which hair colors and skin tones are compatible with an IPL device.
Also, check out how different skin tones and hair colors respond to the use of a particular device. It helps in finding out if the device will work for you.
User Experience and Adverse Effects
Although IPL is relatively painless and safe for the skin, the adverse effects of the devices differ with respect to the safety and painless mechanisms of a device.
So, while researching the IPL hair removal reviews, look for the user experience and also see if any user faced adverse effects and how these effects were treated.
Price and Cost Effectiveness
A standard IPL device costs somewhere between $300 to $600. The price depends upon the features, attachments, accessories in the kit, and the brand itself.
As you are buying the device to save on the cost and effort spent on other hair removal methods, compare the cost-effectiveness of the device vs. other methods of hair removal.
Comparison Table of Top 6 IPL Hair Removal Devices
|Number of flashes
|Skin tone compatibility
|Fair to medium brown
|Fair to medium brown
|Fair to medium brown
|Fair to medium brown
|Fair to light brown
|Fair to medium brown
|550 nm to 1200 nm
|470 nm to 1150 nm
|420 nm to 1150 nm
|500 nm to 1200 mm
|600 nm to 1200 nm
|500 to 1200 nm
|Money back guarantee
|Time to get results
The 6 Best IPL Hair Removal Devices and Their Reviews
Below are are the top 6 IPL hair removal reviews.
The first device in the list is the Ulike Air3 IPL hair removal device which is loved by the users for a comfortable, cost-effective, and painless user experience. Furthermore, let us check out the features, pros, and cons of Ulike Air3 to see what made 4,00,000 users fall for this brand.
- Flashing Speed: Ulike Air3 flashed at the rate of 0.7 flashes per second. This high flash speed allows the device to treat unwanted hair on the full body within 7 to 10 minutes.
- Flashing Modes: There are two flashing modes. 1st is the stamping mode for areas like armpits making hair removal precise. The other is the auto-glide thumb-free mode to make the treatment quicker.
- Treatment Modes: There are three power modes of Ulike Air3. Soft mode for bikini areas, upper lips, and face; body mode for arms and legs; and power mode for chest and armpits.
- Design: Ulike Air3 is a compact, eye-catching, lightweight device made of a high-quality durable, and grip-friendly material.
- Sapphire Ice-Cooling Technology: Ulike Air3 has a dynamic sapphire ice-cooling technology integrated into it to ensure a comfortable painless hair removal experience.
- Lifespan: Ulike Air3 IPL handset has unlimited flashes with no need for bulb replacement giving it a lifespan of 50 years or more.
- FDA-Approval: Ulike Air3 is officially approved by the FDA and a number of other beauty and health firms around the world.
- Effectiveness: Ulike Air3 only takes 3 weeks and 6 sessions to show noticeable results. Also, it claims to treat 100% of unwanted hair in 10 weeks.
- Price: This amazing hair removal device costs $329 only. With a discount, the price is $329.
- Painless and comfortable treatment
- Hairlessness within 3 to 10 weeks
- A device that lasts for full life
- User-friendly interface
- The kit comes with a safety razor, storage case, and goggles
- Does not work for albinos and redheads.
With 4.9/5 reviews from users, Dermabolt is the device to get rid of unwanted hair, ingrown hair, painful waxing, and razor bump at once.
- Treatment time: The full body treatment with the Dermabolt IPL device takes 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Intensity levels: It has 6 power levels with the bottom 2 being suitable for all skin types including sensitive. And the upper levels work for stubborn hair.
- FDA-approval: Although approved by CE and FCC, Dermabolt has yet to strive for FDA approval.
- User experience: Dermabolt IPL hair removal device deals with unwanted hair, fine lines, and acne marks all at once.
- Lifespan: This device comes with 300,000 flashes that last for 10+ years.
- Results within: It takes 8 to 12 to show results as explained by its users.
- Price: Dermabolt IPL hair removal device costs $299 and the price decreases to $149 on a discount.
- 6 intensity levels
- Helps in youthful hair removal and flawless makeup application
- Lightweight and travel-friendly
- Not approved by FDA
- May cause skin redness and swelling
Kenzzi IPL hair removal handset is an easy-to-use IPL device with a basic design but effective features as given below.
- Treatment time: Kenzzi IPL hair removal handset only takes 10-20 minutes to treat full body and facial hair making it one of the fastest devices.
- Results within: With regular use, hair regrowth can reduce significantly within 4 weeks. Additionally, a few more treatments can help in removing all unwanted hair permanently.
- Intensity levels: This device has 5 intensity levels introduced to be used on different parts of the body.
- FDA-approval: It is safe to be used on all skin types other than dark brown and black. And it is approved by FDA as well.
- Lifespan: The device can last for 10-15 years without having to replace any of its parts.
- User experience: It is a practical IPL hair removal device that can be used all over the body with no side effects. Also, it is suitable for men as well.
- Price: It costs $199.
- FDA-approved and safe to be used on bikini lines, face, and other delicate areas
- Effective and shows results within a month
- Option to customize treatment with its multiple intensity levels
- Not entirely painless
- May take a longer time than claimed to show results
Lumi IPL hair removal handset is a high-quality device with a durable finish that helps in removing unwanted hair painlessly.
- Treatment time: The full body treatment with Lumi IPL handset can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour depending upon the surface area being treated/
- Results within: Although you begin to see a subtle reduction and hair regrowth within 3 weeks, Lumi IPL takes about 6 to 12 weeks to help you get rid of unwanted hair.
- Intensity levels: It has 6 intensity levels for fine to coarse hair.
- FDA-approval: The safety of the Lumi IPL device is proven clinically and it is also FDA-cleared.
- Lifespan: It comes with 900,000 flashes which lasts for 30 years.
- User experience: The device is compatible with full body and proves to be a worthy alternative to waxing and shaving at an affordable price.
- Price: SkinRose co IPL device comes at $229 only and $189 if the brand is offering a discount.
- 30 years of cost-effective hair removal at an affordable price
- Shows results with a few treatments
- FDA-cleared and safe to be used
- Relatively painless
- Effective hair removal for most skin types
- Does not work on all skin tones
- Does not come with the complete hair removal kit
Aminzer IPL hair removal is a not-so-famous yet affordable IPL device for women to deal with objectionable hair. It is for women who do not have premium requirements and want satisfactory results at a cheap price.
- Treatment time: Aminzer IPL hair removal device for women takes about an hour to treat the full body with its automatic and manual hair removal modes.
- Results within: The results with Aminzer IPL device takes 2 to 3 months to be noticed.
- Intensity levels: it has 5 intensity levels for different parts of the body.
- FDA-approval: It is one of the most highly-trusted devices in the market because of its IPL approval and skin-friendly experience.
- Lifespan: The device comes with 999,900 flashes which are enough to last a whole life.
- User experience: The device is easy to use and safe for ivory to light brown skin colors.
- Price: Aminzer is one of the most affordable devices costing only $99
- Cheap yet effective
- User-friendly interface and design
- 999,900 flashes
- Takes a long time to show results
- May cause ingrown hair
XSOUL at-home laser is a gun-shaped IPL device that works both for men and women and can be shared easily by a couple.
- Treatment time: Xsoul is a handgun-shaped corded device that can take upto an hour for treating the full body and face.
- Results within: You will need to stay patient for 8 to 12 weeks for the results.
- Intensity levels: Xsoul IPL device has 5 intensity levels.
- FDA-approval: Sadly the device is not FDA-approved
- Lifespan: The device lasts for 40-plus years with 999,999 flashes.
- User experience: Using the device on up to 3 intensity levels feels comfortable on the skin while levels 4 and 5 might be painful.
- Price: This effective device with good features only costs $99
- Works on full body and face
- Ergonomic design
- Not FDA-approved
- Can be painful at higher intensity levels
The above-mentioned IPL devices found their way in this list because of their safety, effective results, skin-friendly use, customizable treatments, and economical price. While all devices are good to be used, Ulike distinguishes itself because of the ice-cooling painless technology.
You must check the user comments and reviews before investing in any IPL handset. Also, do not forget to consult your doctor in case of any confusion.