When it comes to getting smooth skin without the unwanted hair to flaunt your body anytime you want, you prefer shaving, waxing, and other temporary methods. These hair removal methods will work for only a shorter period. And the hair growth increases after every time you shave or wax. After making so many efforts on removing unwanted hair, which is not permanent or at least keeps the unwanted hair away for a longer period feels like a waste of time. That’s why people find permanent hair removal treatment a solution. In this article, we will discuss about different permanent hair removal techniques (electrolysis hair removal, laser hair removal, and IPL hair removal techniques). Keeping your preferences in mind, you can make a decision on which one is suitable for you.
Part 1: IPL Hair Removal
We can say the IPL hair removal technique is something same as the laser hair removal method. But the two methods may slightly vary. IPL hair removal device covers larger skin areas with the help of pulses of light emitted from multiple wavelengths. Also, this technique is suitable for those people who have darker hair and lighter skin tone. The reason for that is that a pigment named ‘melanin’ is present in the hair and dark skin tone. The light emitted is directly absorbed by melanin. That’s why it is not recommended to those people who have darker skin tones.
Let’s discuss some advantages of the IPL hair removal method:
- It is the best solution for people with lighter skin tones.
- It is a less painful treatment compared to electrolysis and you can only feel a tingling sensation on your skin.
- This method can reduce your hair growth permanently if you continue to take maintenance treatment sessions.
- It doesn’t consume much time and money.
- It is completely safe on different body parts with hair growth (except on eyebrows and the area under the eye).
- It is suitable for almost all skin types (except darker skin tones because of the high presence of melanin that absorbs the light and could burn the dark skin)
IPL hair removal treatment also serves some disadvantages let’s discuss them one by one.
- It may cause some sensitivity issue
- May cause side effects like redness and swelling (temporary). In some rare cases, also cause burns, scars, and blisters.
- There are chances that you may face temporary or permanent skin discoloration.
Ulike Sapphire Painless IPL hair removal handset
For your convenience, Ulike has designed a wonderful product. We would like to introduce you to Ulike Sapphire Painless IPL hair removal handset. With its use, you can feel a salon-grade experience at your home. It is a compact handset that comes in three variants (for stubborn hair, thick hair, and thin hair). So you can select the one according to your need. Its smart temperature control feature protects your skin from any burn. It looks small but actually, it is a powerful handset to remove unwanted hair. Moreover, this budget-friendly tool will give you more privacy (as you can use it at your home). You can use our IPL hair removal handset 2-3 times a week for 4 weeks and keep that stubborn unwanted hair away.
Part 2: Electrolysis Hair Removal
Electrolysis hair removal treatment is a process in which the treatment provider uses a machine that has a very thin wire or needle on its end. That needle or wire is then inserted into the follicle (a small secretary cavity). After that, they use an electric current to kill the cells present in a hair follicle (responsible for hair growth).
- This method is suitable for all skin tones
- No matter what type of hair you have (hair tone, thickness) and what the location is on your body, this method will work effectively.
- You may see permanent results after the completion of all the treatment successfully
- As this treatment or method relies on treating each hair individually, it works very precisely on the area and pattern of hair and shows effective results
- This method is best for the face regions like the chin, upper lip, cheek, and forehead
- Electrolysis hair removal service is both a costly and time-consuming process. Only one sitting of the session could take hours if a large area is to be treated. You might have to take several sessions and this can cost you a lot.
- If you have thick and dark hair, your treatment session number may go up to 30.
- You can experience some pain or discomfort during the session.
- Some side effects like skin inflammation, dryness, swelling, and temporary acne can also be seen during or following the session of electrolysis treatment.
Part 3: Laser Hair Removal
The laser hair removal technique is a popular method. A laser light (a concentrated beam of light) is used for hair removal. Laser light is absorbed by the melanin in the hair that damages the hair follicles (responsible for hair growth). This procedure delays hair growth in the future (for long period). We can’t say that the removal of unwanted hair would be permanent. This method also has some advantages and disadvantages which are mentioned below.
- The best option for those people who have light skin tone and dark hair
- This method can treat any body part (except the eyebrow and the area around the eyes, as laser light can be harmful to the eyes).
- It is considered the fastest way to remove unwanted hair. It depends on the area that would be treated (smaller treatment takes less time).
- This method is less painful than the other hair removal technique. You can feel slight pain, but because of the short time duration of a session, you can endure it easily.
- If you are looking for a precise hair removal technique (that can remove hair on small areas like eyebrows, nose, bikini line, and upper lip), you can try the laser hair removal method.
- Ingrown hairs will not be a problem if you select laser hair removal as it destroys the root of the hair.
- Laser hair removal will not work for those people who have lighter hair because lighter hair has less melanin (that absorb the laser light).
- You can feel some discomfort in sensitive areas like the bikini line, treat a large area.
- Some side effects such as skin redness, swelling around the hair follicles, temporary change of skin color, temporary skin irritation, and blisters.
Everyone has a different hair type and skin. So, you might get confused about which permanent hair removal technique is best for you. Here, we have discussed all the techniques (electrolysis hair removal, laser hair removal, and IPL hair removal techniques). We hope that you find the information helpful.