The issue of facial hair growth is one of those natural occurrences that we can not stop from happening. Most women would naturally pray and wish to have a face as smooth as a dolphin, but what happens when hormonal changes become a hindrance? What happens when you are in a place of dissatisfaction, and strongly want to do something about those hairs, interfering with your makeup?
Of course, the best way to steal back your confidence is a good practice of facial hair remover process. In case you are wondering about the perfect way to practice facial hair removal for women, that brings us to the following:
TWEEZING – Tweezing is a great way to practice facial hair removal. Although, it involves the process of picking, plucking, or pulling the hair, which may come with minimal pain. But it can be done easily, without the help of anyone.
It is best for removing hairs around small areas like brows, wiry hairs, and stray chin hairs.
For safe practice, start by
- wiping your face with a warm towel, as this will help prep and soften the skin.
- Disinfect the tip of the tweezers with a cotton pad and ethyl alcohol. Make sure it dries up before you begin the facial hair removal process.
- Carefully remove the hair individually, by pulling in the direction of the hair growth.
SHAVING – Shaving is another process of removing facial hair. It can be painless, fast, and a perfect shot for getting rid of hair without irritating the skin.
This facial hair removal works well for areas like the upper lip, chin, sideburns, and eyebrows.
For safe practice, start by:
- Cleaning the face with a wet towel
- Apply the bar soap or shaving cream around the area and massage.
- Then, begin to glide the shaver over the hairs. The blade will lift and cut the hair from the root; remember to shave in direction of the hair growth.
- Apply some oil on the area, as this will help soothe the skin and prevent ingrown hair.
WAXING – Here is another popular way to remove facial hair from women. If you wish to consider this hair removal method, you should note that there are two things required for waxing: a strip and the wax substance.
The process involves the pulling of hair on the affected area, so you should expect to feel a little pain.
It’s a facial hair removal that can be easily done on the upper lip, cheeks, and brows. However, waxing can be very delicate, as a wrong technique can stop the hair from being extracted, and also, break the hair shaft.
So, to prevent skin inflammation and sensitivity, try a patch test on the area and confirm if waxing would cause you any allergic reaction.
But if you decide to continue with this method, the steps involved are:
- Exfoliating the area with clean hands
- Applying the wax and the strip over it
- Hold it down for a while, then gently pull the strip in the direction of the hair growth.
- Remember to apply some oil to soothe the skin.
THREADING – Different from other hair removal processes, threading requires the skill of a professional like a cosmetologist or a technician.
It’s a very common practice of removing the hair on areas like the eyebrows, upper lip, and cheeks. It involves the use of a thin, doubled thread, pulled over the skin in a tight and twisted manner.
While it can be slightly painful, you may also find it very tricky, as it can’t be performed by everyone.
The processes involved are:
- Prep the skin by wiping it with a wet towel.
- Get a clean double-thread and twist over the section while pulling the hair.
- Apply a numb cream or a warm compress over the surface.
DEPILATORY CREAM – This is the use of facial hair removal cream with active chemicals and fragrances.
Depilatory creams can be found in many cosmetics and beauty stores.
A lot of people find it very easy and quick to use because the cream contains chemicals like calcium thioglycolate or potassium thioglycolate. These ingredients will lead to the breakdown of disulfide bonds in Keratin, which causes hair to fall off faster.
It is a very painless method that only requires you to
- Apply the cream on the unwanted hairs
- Let it sit for 10 minutes
- wipe the part with a damp towel
- Then, rinse your face with lukewarm water.
In case you are someone with sensitive skin, you could start by carrying out a patch test, and confirm if the cream will leave you with an allergic reaction like redness, burn, and itchiness after 24hrs.
AT-HOME HAIR REMOVAL DEVICE – The face is one part of the body that has proven to be very delicate and sensitive.
Oftentimes, it plays the whole role of introducing our personality even before we say a word. This is no doubt that you need to pamper the skin with so much love and maximum care.
So, If you ever find yourself in a situation where you have to battle with facial hair growth, why not imbibe luxury into your hair removal routine?
There’s no better way of showing love to your skin, other than a facial hair removal like the Ulike brand.
The Ulike IPL hair removal will handle your facial hair removal with so much comfort, and even promises a longer-lasting result.
It works well for all parts of the face. And while the other facial hair remover methods work manually with a temporal outcome, the use of facial laser hair removal operates with a laser and pulsating beams that concentrate on the hair follicles. The processes involved are:
- Wash the face, and get a prior shave on the area - You want to keep those hairs short so the laser light will target the hair follicles under the skin.
- There are different levels of laser power intensity, select the one that is compatible with your skin, and begin the process.
- Remember to re-do this treatment every two weeks until you achieve the result you want.
Also, the area is likely to turn red and tender after facial hair removal. You can manage the situation by applying ice or a cold towel on the affected surface.
It is one thing for the body to respond to natural occurrences, and it is another thing to decide whether to let it stay or not.
These facial hair removal methods are proof that it is possible to beat nature and achieve a face as smooth as a dolphin. Your confidence will remain unshakable and you will flaunt the glory of fine skin.